I wasn't going to purchase it but the very-hyped Modern Renaissance palette finally made its way into my makeup collection after much deliberation. I was late to the bandwagon, and I've been experimenting with a bunch of different looks but the one in the video about was my favourite so far.
I'm really torn in two about whether or not I like the palette. But now that I have it, I'm going to circulate it into my daily routine anyways. Here is a breakdown of my honest review of the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance palette.
- The colours are very pigmented — a single swipe of each pan delivers so much
- Lots of different looks — you could come up with several looks with the colour variety in the palette
- Price — at the low price of $55, you're given 14 pans of shades
- Additional — Anastasia throws a mirror into the palette and an eyeshadow brush
- Consistency — the texture of the colours are almost so powdery that it comes off as chalky
- Dupe colours — some colours are very similar when applied vs. what it looks like in the palette
- Presentation and packaging — I hate the velvet. I hate it so much. It picks up eyeshadow and is impossible to get out.